Saturday, November 17, 2007

Climate change,

Remember I was writing about carbon emmissions and how I feel about it? What I said was that I cannot go passionately trying to talk about the mess we are making as I believe that I am nature and what is happening is nature itself. But I must not be greedy and abuse the energy supplies I get at home and outside eg. transport etc. Any way it is too expensive. But look at this for an eye opener.

"But it is the enormous carbon footprint of Southern Company - among the largest financiers of Republican Party politicians - which has raised eyebrows. Southern’s employees handed George Bush $217,047 to help him get elected, and they and the company have contributed an extraordinary $6.2m to Republican campaigns since 1990.

A single Southern Company plant in Juliette, Georgia already emits more carbon dioxide annually that Brazil’s entire power sector. The company is in the top two of America’s dirtiest utility polluters and sixth worst in the world."


From: "US Power Company Linked to Bush Is Named in Database As a Top Polluter"

There are 1,754 power plants in UK. Out of that 374 are emitting more CO2 than they should. Totally in UK we emit 212 million tons of CO2 to get 362 million MWh of energy.

Facts from: "Highest CO2 Emitting Power Plants in the World"



If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: