Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Generation Y,

The Generation Y is the generation born between 1980 and 1995 or is it 2000. According to this;

"Peter Sheahan in his 2005 book “Thriving and Surviving With Generation Y at Work” described generation Y as the ‘highly influential segment of the population born between 1978 and 1994’."

Other names they are known as in Ireland:

• Generation Y
• Generation WHY
• Generation Next
• Nexers
• Millenniums
• Digital Generation
• Echo Boomers
• Boomlets
• Baby Busters
• I Generation
• Net Generation
• Netizens
• Gaming Generation
(along with younger
Gen Xers)

I like the ending of this paragraph; which I myself cocluded in my mind several months ago. Pity I did not write it. If I did I could have patted my back......

"As long as the military continues to lie to and mislead prospective recruits -- whether in person or via a text message with a pop culture allusion and a friendly emoticon -- today's kids will continue to shun military service. By doing so, they are heeding the government's implicit message: As an Army of one, you're better off joining Blackwater."


If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: