Saturday, January 19, 2008

"Al-Alam TV correspondent in Basra Ni'mah Abd-al-Razzaq)

Iran is backing the armed groups in southern Iraq. This accusation which the US and British forces of occupation have continuously and repeatedly made in the past few years has not been backed up with facts, according to the (Iraqi) field commanders in southern Iraq. The commander of Basra Police, Staff Maj-Gen Jalil Khalaf, described the US and British accusations against Iran as nothing more than a political game, saying that the Iraqi security services have not found any evidence which would point to an Iranian interference in southern Iraq.

(Staff Maj-Gen Khalaf - recording)

I tell you this in all honesty, when I find any evidence I will announce it openly, but so far I have not found any. In my capacity as field commander and as a professional, I tell you I have not found any evidence. As regards the countries (concerned), it is their problem and this is politics."


This is something we already had proof of but this is the first time it came from an army general. Blimey first its Pak generals now its Iraq generals. Wonder who be next.

If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: