Sunday, November 01, 2009

A Peaceful Protest At Cumberland Basin

This is the time when the Criminal Justce Bill gave the permission to the PoLice to control demonstrations. Here you can see the methods they use today and they were practicing the methods on us. I have reason to beleave that the organiser of the parties that time was colluding with the PoLice and always away from the fracas. Wicked memories.... this one brought me...... as the Yoda would say.

My name: A Shariff
My Address: 109 Bloy Street
Easton
Bristol
BS56AZ
This can be seen by a solicitor
I was relaxing at home on the 21st Saturday after Ashton Court when I heard a free party going in Cumberland Basin under the flyover. I went there about 2.30 AM (Sunday) with a few friends, who were 17years to 35 years and I am oldest 36 years old. When we got there, there was a lot of Police. I did not count how many but I could easily see more than 2 dozen or more. Non of us were aware that the party was previously been busted by the Police.
Due to my back problems and after walking a bit in Ashton Court Festival I was tired and my back was painful. So I sat down on a stool that I carry for the purpose, on the grass verge close to the speakers but away from the dancing people. It was generally nice seeing some people I haven’t seen for years and talking to them. Around 5 Am I think the Police brought in a big flood light over where I was sitting. I thought they are trying to intimidate us with flood lights at that time. I saw some Police officers getting rigged up in riot gear and some of them were at the end of the grass verge. They were without shields. I went up to them just to see what was going on. I was playing with a couple of juggling balls and they seemed not threatening.
I heard some one ask “what is going on?” and one of the officers said something like “ nothing we are watching you” and laughed.
I came back and sat on the same spot where I was. Then the police got themselves organised into a line and started trotting towards me, beating the shields and shouting.. There was a Police ‘supervisor’ kind of behind the line shouting orders. The line came up to me almost touching like and stopped. I kept seated.
There was someone I know behind me say “ If you hurt him that will be racist attack” and laughed. That was when I realised that Police are not laughing they were serious.
Then the ‘supervisor’ gave the order to move forward and I heard him say “5 leaders chaps”.
The line parted where I was sitting and proceeded to move towards the dancing crowd, who were like a ring around the sound system. I was not harmed. I turned back towards the line of officers going away from me, with the ‘supervisor’ behind them. I saw someone getting dragged and beaten. Could not see whether it was a girl or a boy. I think he got cuffed and taken away. I have been to few demonstrations but I have not seen such violent attitude at unarmed youngsters who were just enjoying themselves. The party goers were not violent at all except may be some right in the front whom I did not see. If they were organised and violent, the police would have had more serious casualties.
Apart from the person who got dragged, beaten and cuffed. I saw another girl who was on the ground trying to defend herself from beaten by two officers, who looked as if they were enjoying it.
There was anther squad of officers all in black without numbers trying to attack the sound system. They had what looked like black canes like radio aerials. They were viciously beating people around them willy nilly. There were some people who had cameras and they were photographing the action. And I saw one guy who was photographing, got a crack with a cane like baton those officers carried. And they chased him. I think he got away from them. Those officers were more vicious than the ones with the shields. The line officers overran the compound and moved out in their vans, after they got their five leaders they were after, and took away some equipment and damaged some.
I later saw some of the injuries. This girl may be weigh seven or eight stones, carried so many bruises she looked like she got run over by a truck.
A Shariff



I am a selfish person.


If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: