Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Zealand student debt levels reach $10 billion mark

"Last month, a national “day of action” was held in New Zealand to mark a new milestone: New Zealand’s collective student debt has reached $NZ10 billion. Demonstrations and other events took place in many of the country’s main centres and on tertiary campuses.

Student debt has sharply escalated under the Labour government. The most recent NZUSA Student Income & Expenditure Survey (2007) identified significant increases in students’ living costs and indebtedness, with average debt rising 54 percent since the survey was last conducted in 2004, and now topping $28,838 per person."


I hope someone got the money? What money...its a debt...to have a debt you do not need money. It is sheer lack of it I presume. Or am I daft?

If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: