Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rice prices rising despite record world crop

""World paddy production in 2008 could grow by about 2.3 percent, reaching a new record level of 666 million tonnes, according to our preliminary forecasts," FAO rice expert Concepcion Calpe said in a statement.

"For the first time, paddy production in Asia may surpass the 600 million tonne benchmark this year, amounting to 605 million tonnes," Calpe said.

In Africa, rice output is forecast to grow 3.6 percent to 23.2 million tonnes in 2008, while output in Latin America and the Caribbean is seen rising 7.4 percent to 26.2 million tonnes, the FAO said."


It is clear now the wheat and rice had a bumper harvest last year. Wall street is it? Someone left a comment saying that Chicago Stock Market do not trade in commodities. But how the hell do I know? No seriously within the time limit I have I am looking into this subject of commodities and stock markets. Time I educated meself on the subject. Thanks for the comment.

If you cannot find the links in this blog, I have majority of them filed, Email me!

No comments: